Saint Saviour Catholic Academy offers an After School Program open to all grade levels. Our program begins on Monday, September 12th, and ends on Tuesday, June 20th.
Email Althea Alvarez, our After School Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718-768-8000 Ext. 5 with any questions.
Location: Saint Saviour Catholic Academy
Time: 2:30 – 6:00 PM Nursery – Pre-K, 3:00 – 6:00 PM Kindergarten – 8th Grade
- There is no After School on half days (11:30 AM/12:00 PM dismissal)
- Tuesday, November 8th, 2016
- Wednesday, November 23rd, 2016 – Thanksgiving recess begins at noon
- Wednesday, December 7th, 2015 – Parent/Teacher conferences
- Friday, March 24th, 2017 – Parent/Teacher conferences
- Wednesday, June 21st, 2017 – Last day of school
- To accommodate the difference in dismissal times, parents/guardians with Nursery or Pre-K children as well as older children enrolled at our Academy will be given a 30-minute grace period (2:30 – 3:00 PM) to pick up their Nursery or Pre-K child. After 3:00 PM, regular After School rates will be incurred.
- Children must be picked up by 6:00 PM. Please be on time! Parents will be billed $20 per every quarter hour (15 minutes) after 6:00pm.
After School Daily Schedule
At dismissal time, children are picked up from their classrooms by an After School teacher and taken to the classroom designated for their age group. Snack is served immediately, followed by time for homework, playtime, and creative projects. If a child is registered for an Enrichment class, their Enrichment teacher will pick them up at 3:30 PM.
Weather permitting, children will go to the Parish courtyard, on walks around the neighborhood, or to Prospect Park.
We offer a wide array of Enrichment Classes in our After School Program at an additional cost. Past classes have included: Art in the Studio, Chess, Silly Science, Origami, Italian, World Drumming, and many more! If you would like to register your child for an Enrichment Class, please fill out the Enrichment Class Registration Form and return it to the front office.
Please note enrollment is limited and is based on a first come first served basis.
Registration and After School Policies
If you would like to register your child for the After School Program, please carefully review and complete our After School Program 2016-2017 Policies and Registration Form. Please note that you can type directly into the form.
Your registration is complete when you have submitted your registration forms with your annual/trimester prepayment (see chart below for details). If you are choosing the monthly bill option, just the form is required. Checks/money orders should be made payable to Saint Saviour Catholic Academy.
Please note, enrollment is limited and is based on a first come first served basis.
- Families who pre-pay their After School fees receive a discount, see chart below for a more detailed prepayment breakdown
- Yearly: If you pre-pay yearly you will receive a 20% discount
- Trimesters: If you pre-pay by trimester you will receive a 10% discount (Payments due: 09/12/16, 12/5/16, 03/15/16, 03/20/17)
- For those who will be using our program for less than five days a week, we will pro-rate accordingly
- Pro-rated discounts on Enrichment Classes are applied for those children whose families have pre-paid for After School
- After School fees are charged by the half hour: $5 Individual / $7.50 Family
- Please note, After School pick-up times are also on the half hour. You will be charged for a full half hour if your child stays for part of that half hour, e.g. if you arrive at 3:40 PM you will be charged until 4:00 PM
- Monthly enrollment account invoices are due upon receipt and will be sent via email after the end of each month, since billing for monthly accounts is based on attendance. Your bill must be paid within two weeks after receiving the monthly invoice to avoid a late payment charge. Please pay promptly. Failure to pay on time will result in a $25 late payment fee.
- In order to participate in the SSCA After School Program, you must be current with your payments. Accounts that fall behind by more than one month may result in your childs dismissal from After School.