Saint Saviour Catholic Academy offers an After School program open to all grade levels. Our program will begin on Monday, September 13th 2021 for grades 1 to 8, Wednesday, September 15th 2021 for Kindergarten and Monday, September 20th 2021 for Full Day Nursery and Pre-K.
Below provides a basic overview of the SSCA After School program. The full information packet and registration form can be found here:
Children must be picked up by 6:00 PM. Please be on time! Parents will be billed $20 per every quarter hour (15 minutes) after 6:00pm.
Regular After School Schedule
At dismissal time, children who are staying will be taken to the classroom designated for their age group. Snack is served, followed by time for homework, recreation, and creative projects. Weather permitting, children will go to the Parish courtyard, on walks around the neighborhood, or to Prospect Park.
We offer a wide array of enrichment classes at an additional cost. The Fall 2021 Enrichment term will be available soon.
If a child is registered for an Enrichment class, they are escorted to their class at the appropriate start time. Please note enrollment for some classes is limited and is based on a first come first served basis. The Enrichment schedule runs on a trimester rotation.
Families may choose the coverage (regular After School, Enrichments or combination of the two) that works best for your child care needs and budget.
- Families who pre-pay their After School fees receive a discount. See chart below for a more detailed prepayment breakdown
- Yearly: If you pre-pay yearly you will receive a 20% discount
- Trimesters: If you pre-pay by trimester you will receive a 10% discount
- For those who will be using our program for less than five days a week or require pick – up on the half hour, we will pro-rate accordingly
Discounts on Enrichment Classes are applied for those children whose families have pre-paid for After School
- After School fees are charged by the half hour: $5 Individual / $7.50 Family
- You will be charged for a full half hour if your child stays for part of the next half hour cycle.
- Monthly account invoices are due upon receipt and will be sent via email after the end of each month, since billing for monthly accounts is based on attendance. Your bill must be paid within two weeks after receiving the monthly invoice to avoid a late payment charge. Please pay promptly. Failure to pay on time will result in a $25 late payment fee.
- In order to participate in the SSCA After School Program, you must be current with your payments. Accounts that fall behind may result in your child’s dismissal from After School.
There is no hard deadline for choosing a prepayment option. Should you require time to figure out your schedule as the school year progresses, changes to your payment status can be made at the discretion of the After School director.
Contact Althea Alvarez, the SSCA After School director, at email@example.com or 718-635-1142 with any questions.