Saint Saviour Catholic Academy prepares students from Nursery to Grade 8 for higher education. In accordance with Catholic values, we educate students in mind, body and spirit. Within a culturally diverse community, we create an environment where each child discovers a unique enthusiasm for learning, academic excellence, and social responsibility to reach his or her highest potential.
In order to accomplish our Mission, we at Saint Saviour Catholic Academy:
- Welcome and support diversity of ethnicity/race, religion, socioeconomic background, and/or learning style.
- Educate children in a nurturing and supportive environment paired with the spiritual teachings of Catholicism.
- Present Catholic faith and service in an age-appropriate manner, encouraging our students the opportunity to put the teachings of Jesus into action by giving and caring for others.
- Follow the Responsive Classroom approach because we believe that if students feel safe and comfortable in their classroom community they will be willing to take risks, share ideas with one another, and be more successful learners.
- Adhere to the New York State Next Generation Learning Standards to meet each grade level’s learning goals.
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of each individual student’s learning style in order to maximize his/her education.
- Integrate lessons across subject areas to real world experiences in order to engage and enhance student learning.
- Utilize a variety of collaborative grouping strategies whereby students work together to find solutions and better understand material.